Dear Beloved Clients,
We wish to invite your attention to the above exclusion specified under Exclusion, Items 22 & 23 of our Select & Premier Medical Plans, which we quote:
22. Osteoporosis for applicants aged 45 years old and above unless bone densitometry test result is submitted within 3 months of policy application, after which the company will determine if such condition will be covered or not. Test will be done at applicant’s own expense.
23. Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy for new applicants aged 50 years old and above unless appropriate screening test results are submitted within 3 months of policy application, after which the company will determine if such condition will be covered or not. The test will be done at the applicant’s own expense.
To reiterate, if applicants intend to be covered for osteoporosis and/or BPH:
1. Test results to be submitted within 3 months from application
a. Bone Densitometry Test – female applicants aged 50 years old and above.
b. Prostatic Specific Antigen (PSA) – for male applicants aged 50 and above.
2. Cost to be incurred on the above test are for the account of the applicant;
3. Submission of the above test results does not guarantee coverage, instead, this will be the Company’s basis to determine whether or not osteoporosis or BPH may be covered and at what cost.
4. Should the company decide to include such conditions, coverage shall commence only after a one-year waiting period and upon
5. Payment of corresponding premium loading as determined by the company.
For questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.